Boyle Heights Coalition for a Safe & Drug-Free Community
What is the Boyle Heights Coalition?
It is a community based alliance that incorporates multiple community sectors and serves as a platform to reduce violence and substance abuse in our community through environmental change strategies.
The Boyle Heights Coalition for a Safe and Drug-Free Community will involve various vested community stakeholders in the effort to prevent and reduce substance abuse among youth through education, advocacy and prevention programs. Through these efforts we will support and empower community members to encourage and support self-sustaining prevention programs to keep youth in positive and healthy life styles.
- To encourage community leaders, schools, youth, business, residents and representatives from diverse organizations and communities to effectively coordinate and develop communication, prevention programs and initiatives.
- Increase local community participation and support to establish self-sustaining comprehensive programs in Boyle Heights and surrounding communities.
- To reduce youth violence in Boyle Heights and surrounding communities.
- To influence policy that will impact substance abuse and violence among youth.
- To develop opportunities for parental involvement.
- To distribute substance abuse and violence prevention information among youth.
- To reduce factors that negatively affect youth at risk.
Info Coming Soon.
The Boyle Heights Coalition for a Safe & Drug-Free Community is a group of community leaders with representatives from our community, for our community. The sectors represented include:
- Religious Organizations
- Youth-Serving Organizations
- Law Enforcement Angencies
- Healthcare Professionals
- Business Community
- Civic & Volunteer Organizations
- State & Local Governmental Agencies
- Others involved in reducing violence & substance abuse